Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

March 30, 2015

A 1922 Orphan School Photo - Do You See an Ancestor Here?

While sorting and organizing my thousands of old photos, I came across this photo in my mother's cousin Doris Simpson's papers.  Doris was my grandmother's brother's only child and when she died in 1998 at the age of 89, all her photographs and photo albums came to me. Even though I do not know any of the people in most of her photos, I can't bear to throw them out without sharing them here. 

Perhaps a descendant of one of the children in this school photo taken in Toronto Ontario Canada in 1922 will recognize an ancestor! Doris labelled the back with names which I have typed out below:

George Syme School, 844 Windermere Ave., Entrance Class of 1922. Teacher Miss Margaret Evans

Back row: George Sidney, Frank Arnott, Sydney Waterman, Sydney Hasted, Percy Marshall, Edwin Downes, Alfred Tempest, John Arnott, Leslie Horton

Middle row: Blanche Syme, Verna Williams, Mary Russell, Doris Simpson, Clarence Syme, Reginald Dounes, David Lyons

Front row: Maird Bannerman, Florence Martin, Leah Dempster, Hazel Turner, Anne Foulds, Grace Kirk, Grace Coe, Blanche Grey


If your  ancestor is in this photo and you would like the original, just email me at olivetreegenealogyATgmailDOTcom and I'll be happy to mail it to you at no cost. 

No comments: