Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

July 12, 2011

Genealogy Games for a Family Reunion: Ancestor Match (Part 4)

The family members and friends coming to our Family Fun Day this Saturday range in age from 3 years old to 87 years old. That was one of the things I had to take into account when setting up games and events. It's always an option to sit out but I wanted to have a few activities that might suit either end of the ages.

One activity I've organized as part of the Amazing Ancestor Race is a puzzle I call Ancestor Match. It should allow the older participants to catch up to the younger ones who will almost certainly get through the first few events quickly.

Ancestor Match

Ancestor Match
First I printed photos of ancestors as well as photos of those attending the Family Fun Day. The photos of those attending are when they were children.  I have 24 photos.

Then on another piece of paper I listed all the names of those in the photos and threw in two extra, so there are 26 names. It's an easy game - participants are asked to match names to photos.

To make it a bit easier I assigned numbers to each name so those playing only have to write a number under the correct photo.

Because not everyone will know who the ancestors are, I also created pedigree charts with photos and those will be on the wall. The observant family members and friends who spot the charts should realize that there are clues there.
 
See  Part 1 and Part 2 and Part 3 of this series of Genealogy Games for a family reunion.

1 comment:

Lynn Palermo said...

I love this idea I have made a note of it for our next reunion. I have posted some great ideas from my own family reunions.
Part 1
http://www.thearmchairgenealogist.com/2011/07/family-reunions-tips-tricks-and-tons-of.html
and Part 2
http://www.thearmchairgenealogist.com/2011/07/family-reunions-part-2-fundraising-and.html